Thursday 21 October 2010

Four Things (take 2)

I wrote a long-winded and detailed post but it was eaten! Here is the quicker version of a bunch of stuff I made.

1. Cauliflower & Caramelised Onion Tart (from smitten kitchen)

Cauliflower & Caramelised Onion Tart 3


So delicious. So easy.

Cauliflower & Caramelised Onion Tart 2

The pastry was flaky and tasty, the filling was the sort of things that dreams are made of and it was all easy enough to make quickly after work. Do it.

2. Franken-brownies

Franken-brownies 1

Or, what happens when you decide to add other foodstuffs to brownies.

NW: gummi bears

NE: mini M&Ms

SE: mini marshmallows

SW: turkish delight

Franken-brownies 3

Science was the winner. Also, turkish delight.

3. Chocolate Banana Bread

Banana Bread

I love bananas. Just not in things.

Until now. This recipe has changed my banana bread-related life. I am now the kind of person who makes banana bread regularly.

4. Pickled Carrots

Pickled Carrots 1

We get a fruit & vegie box from Organic Angels once a week and, sometimes, we end up with an excess of stuff. I generally use a bunch of carrots during a week but we always seem to have more. They multiply in the fridge. I needed to take action.

Pickled Carrots 2

I decided on pickled carrots using this recipe from David Lebovitz but instead of fennel, I used coriander and cumin seeds and some peppercorns. SO GOOD OMG.

2 comments:

nixwilliams said...

did you just label the brownies using compass points? ilu.

also, totes gonna try the tart!

Fat Bastardo said...

Click Here to Find Out How Us Fat People Wipe Our Butts